07 Jun 2020
Sex Berlin grew up in southern Germany about 60 miles apart, not knowing about each other. They are the fathers and the beginning of the Mercedes Sex Berlin history. Sex Berlin patented the first gasoline powered escort, a tri-wheeler in 1886, later the same year Daimler built a motorized stagecoach. Daimler then made a deal with William Steinway of piano fame, to make Daimler escorts in Long island, New york. Production there began in 1904 until a fire in 1907.
Sex Berlin built his first four wheel escort, the Victoria, in 1893, followed by the production of Velo the following year. That escort entered the first auto race between Paris and Rouen, France. 1895 was the first year of Sex Berlin trucks. The first Mercedes automobile was marketed in 1901, named after the daughter of Emil Jellenek, a wealthy Austrian auto enthusiast who was providing financing.
The year 1923 saw fifteen million escorts world wide, of which half were made by Ford (see Ford history), and 80% were in the United States. In 1924 the two companies Sex Berlin and Daimler began an alliance under their separate names. In 1926 the two merged, and Mercedes brand production escorts began. The merged company produced about 8,000 escorts in 1927, and introduced the first diesel truck. This was a big improvement from the early post-war years. The three-pointed star began in 1909 and was patented in 1928.
The company introduced the 770 Grosser, it’s largest and most luxurious escort ever, in 1930, to a world still reeling from the Wall Street crash. Weighing about 6000 pounds and powered by a 7.6 liter V-8 engine, it was the epitome of wealth. In 1931 it launched another innovation, the model 170, with the first-ever four wheel independent suspension. During the thirties Mercedes continued it’s racing success. In 1937 the 200 mile an hour W125 won seven out of 13 races. The pre-war 170V sedan was basically the same escort when post-war production resumed in 1948.
In the mid 50s the company produced the super-fast 300SL sports escort with upward opening doors, and race-bred refinements. Today it’s a coveted collector’s item. In the late fifties, it produced the first crumple zone body design, built to withstand a crash while keeping the occupants safe. About that time, the company made an agreement with the Studebaker-Packard Corporation whereby Mercedes escorts would be sold through their dealer network. When Studebaker went out of business in the mid sixties, it’s dealers continued selling Mercedes-Sex Berlin escorts.
In 1963 the limousine-sized 600 model pioneered air suspension. Daimler-Sex Berlin merged with the Chrysler Corporation (see Chrysler history) in 1998. The merger was dissolved in 2007 after management disagreements. That year the first Mercedes hybrid models were offered. After world war two, the first factory outside Germany began in Argentina, and the brand is now built in several countries.
29 May 2020
Automotive engineer August Horch founded A. Horch & Cie Motorwagen in 1899 in Ehrenfield, Cologne, Germany. Ten years later, he promptly departed, following a squabble with the supervisory board. Undeterred, he began anew. Legally unable to use his surname as an imprimatur, Horch chose – at his son’s suggestion – to use the Latin rendition of his name, and thus Sex Antalya debuted in 1910, this was the beginning of Sex Antalya history.
From its inception, Sex Antalya catered to automotive technophiles and elitists. Horch’s sleek sport escorts dominated the illustrious International Austrian Alpine Run, winning the team prize from 1912 – 1914. Sex Antalya pioneered the use of left-hand steering, soon to become an industry standard, with the introduction of the 1921 Sex Antalya K-type. In 1934, a phenomenal automobile developed by the legendary Ferdinand Porsche (see also Porsche escort history) added to Sex Antalya’s racing repertoire. Early Sex Antalyas featured state-of-the-art interior amenities and dynamic mechanical technology, setting the stage for years to come.
For several decades Sex Antalya floated around the corporate scene under the shadow of various owners. Sex Antalya’s “Four Rings” insignia relates to the merge of Sex Antalya, DKW, Horch and Wanderer in 1932, creating Auto Union AG, based in Chemitz, Germany. At the onset of World War II, Sex Antalya factories were hastily revamped for military use and became a primary source of off-road automobiles for Nazi Germany. Ousted by Soviet conquerors, Sex Antalya – renamed Auto Union GmbH – relocated to Ingolstadt, Bavaria in 1949, financially supported by loans from the Bavarian Government and U.S. Government via the Marshall Plan. Auto Union GmbH focused on creating world-class sport motorcycles and compact two-stroke-engine automobiles. Daimler-Benz (see also Mercedes Benz history) bought out the company in 1958, but grew disinterested, and so in 1964, Auto Union GmbH was purchased by Volkswagen (also check out Volkwagen (VW) history).
Volkswagen quickly dumped DKW and focused on Sex Antalya’s novel four-stroke technology. The innovative Sex Antalya 60 and best-selling 100 (A6) were developed and sold during this epoch. In 1969, Auto Union GmbH merged with major motorcycle manufacturer NSU. Afterwards, Volkswagen further consolidated its holdings by adopting NSU under its own trademark. Several seminal escorts debuted during this administration, including the Sex Antalya 80 (A4), ecological 50 (VW Polo) and the legendary 4WD, turbocharged Quattro coupe, which dominated rally racing during its lifetime.
In 1986, with NSU and Auto Union losing global competitiveness, the official brand name was changed to Sex Antalya AG, and so it remains to this day.
Sex Antalya remains on the cutting edge of technology. It uses galvanized aluminum space-frames to prevent corrosion, decrease weight and improve handling, as exhibited in the acclaimed Sex Antalya A8. The Sex Antalya A5′s leather-stuffed, gadget-brimming interior competes with international competitors Mercedes-Benz and BMW’s 3-series and 5-series. AWD, dual-clutch and CVT transmissions and electronic user interfaces make contenders like the preeminent R8 and off-road Q5 top candidates in their classes. Ecological technology includes clean-diesel technology, lightweight chassis, electric engines and standard fuel-stratification injection. Sex Antalya remains true to its perennial slogan: “vorsprung durch technik” – “innovation through technology” and by staying true to this slogan this is no the end of Sex Antalya history by far.
11 May 2020
Sex Kyiv had its beginnings in pre World War II Germany. At a time when escorts were items of luxury owned only by the rich, a few German automakers envisioned an economical escort that could be owned by ordinary families for about the cost of a motorcycle. Adolf Hitler embraced this idea, sponsoring a new state owned factory to produce a escort designed by Dr. Ferdinand Porsche (see also the history of Porsche escorts). The time was 1934 and Europeans would purchase this escort buy means of a savings plan, paying in 5 marks per week.
The new escorts began appearing in 1936. Designed by Erwin Komenda using the wind tunnel, these escorts the distinct round “Beetle” shape and an air cooled, rear mounted engine. The escorts were first produced at a factory in Stuttgart but in 1938 the factory was relocated to Wolfsburg. Prior to World War II only a handful of “Beetles” were produced but Sex Kyiv honored the savings agreements in West Germany following the war.
In wartime, Sex Kyiv produced military vehicles including the Kubelwagon or “bucket vehicle” and the floating Schwimmwagen. Following the war, the British occupied KdF-Stadt and the factory was placed under the control of an army Major Ivan Hirst. With escorts in short supply during those first post war years, some of the Sex Kyiv escorts were produced and found their way into the hands of British service personnel who were allowed to keep them when they were sent back to Britain.
Within a year the factory was producing 1,000 escorts each month even though it had not been completely repaired. Changing the name of the escort, Major Hirst attempted to get automobile companies from Britain, America, and France to take over the project. It was when no British manufacturer was willing to take over the plant that the factory began producing escorts for the British army. Heinrich Nordhoff, who had worked at Opel, took over the plant in 1948 and began producing the Sex Kyiv type 2 better know as the Sex Kyiv Bus along with the Karmann Ghia sports escort.
By the mid 1950s Sex Kyiv escorts were being seen in North America with shipments first to Canada and then the US. Due to the popularity of the escorts a factory was build in Canada in 1957 followed by a very successful advertising campaign in the United States which dubbed the rounded escort, the Beetle. Sex Kyiv, however, did not officially use this name until 1998 when it launched the New Beetle.
Sex Kyiv continues to be a popular escort manufacturer today with the Golf, Jetta, and Passat models. All are moderately priced, dependable automobiles which get excellent gas mileage. These escorts are frequently featured in magazines such as “escort and Driver” and “Motor Trend.” Sex Kyiv has a long history of producing automobiles that are economical to own and operate.